There is no event more important in the life of your business than its grand opening. This is a time to introduce yourself to the public in a spectacular and interesting way because as the old saying goes “you only get one time to make a first impression.” Well, the right banner with the right vinyl lettering can be an integral part of this experience. On our site you can design a sign that will help you get your business off to the right start in the public’s consciousness. But what are some other ways to make this big day a rousing success? Here are a few you may wish to try.
- Decide on the type of event and a budget: There are many ways to hold a grand opening. You can go lavish and expensive or you can go fun and whimsical. You can roll out the red carpet – literally – or you can do something as simple as hold a pizza party. Whichever you choose, plan your event carefully and know how much you intend to spend on it.
- Give away freebies and samples: While it is important to stay within your budget, don’t be chintzy with the freebies. The items you give away do not have to be lavish since everyone loves free items. Also, you can add branding to the items you do give away.
- Hire live entertainment: If you have the budget for it, hire a local band or performer. Bands are always looking for ways to promote themselves while earning money. Crowds love live acts. In this way, everyone benefits from such events.
- Prize drawings: Have a drawing whereby the first 100 people through the door get a chance at winning a prize. Just make sure that the gift you are giving away is something people will want.
- Market the event: It won’t be much of an event if no one knows it is happening. Send out invitations, create buzz, and distribute a press release to the media and other outlets to get the word out about your opening. If you have the budget, you may even invest in having professionals cover this part of your launching.
In the end, think of your grand opening from the prospective of the public. Will it be an event that you would want to attend? If so, then you have probably planned a grand opening that will be successful and that will put you in the minds of the public.