If you are starting a new business then chances are you’ve already agonized over creating a slogan. After all, a slogan is a crucial part of a businesses identity. It is a short (ideally), simple reminder of what your company is about, its values and how it distinguishes itself from other brands. Thus, we have “Just do it” for Nike, “I’m loving it” for McDonald’s, “Have it your way”, for Burger King, etc. All of these sayings are permanently etched in the public’s mind. So question is – what goes into making a good slogan? To help you create an unforgettable slogan for your business, here are some tips to give you inspiration.
- Keep it short and simple: Experts recommend that you make your slogan no more than 9 to 10 words long. Short slogans are easy to remember and can concisely communicate your message without all the extra verbiage.
- Focus on what makes you different: Draw attention to the value proposition that distinguishes your brand from others in the field.
- Give them a rhythm and rhyme: Slogans should not only be memorable they should be mellifluous and rhythmic if possible.
- Be honest: Don’t engage in hyperbole. It is easy to getting carried away when promoting your business but dishonest, exaggerated claims may come back to bite you by eroding the public’s trust in your product or service.
- Utilize font psychology: Just as colors elicit certain emotions, certain font types do as well. Think of the font that illustrates the Disney brand. The lettering itself gives a sense of whimsical creativity. Our design a sign, car window lettering gives you the option to choose from a variety of fonts.
- Know your target market: Do market research in order to find out who your potential customers are. This will guide you in your choice of slogans. For example, smart marketers consider carefully whether their customers are local, national, international, etc.
- Get input: Get feedback about your slogan from your friends, co-workers, Facebook followers, etc. In this way you may even be able to get the advice of an expert advice for free.
In short, crafting the perfect tagline for your business is challenging and may take some time to nail but it can be well worth it in the end. Just ask McDonald’s, Nike, Microsoft, etc. When you do choose your slogan remember that our site can create customer vinyl lettering for you to display on a number of objects.