As consumers we are deluged daily by online and offline ads. However, merchants realize that it is a crucial way to reach the buying public. The problem is that often these ads are not very creative. In fact, some are produced by people who appear to have no marketing sense at all. There is an art and a craft to creating effective ads that convert. Here we offer you more tips for creating effective banners that are more likely to convert viewers rather than annoy them.
- Keep the copy short: According to BBDO – a worldwide advertising agency network – most people can only process 5 or so words a second. It is therefore best to keep the copy in your ad relatively brief.
- Know your audience: You cannot hope to have a successful ad campaign without first knowing about your potential customers. What is their economic background, their interests, their lifestyle, etc? The time you take to do some research could mean the difference between success and failure.
- Create a clear call to action: Call us! Visit our store! Buy now! Switch to us! Your ad will be competing with many others out there. Don’t take for granted that your potential customers will know what is expected of them. Make you message.
- Test your campaign: If possible, try out various color schemes, fonts, images, etc. and determine the highest performing executions.
- Make your colors pop: Choose color combinations that that will immediately draw the viewer’s attention.
- Offer a tempting incentive: Your ad should offer something tempting and exciting to your potential customers such as an introductory offer. Also, make it clear how they will benefit from such an offer.
- Place your ads in the right locations: Ad placement is everything. While online businesses are not constrained by this consideration, brick and mortar stores are. Knowing where your potential customers are likely to be will save you money and effort in executing your ad campaign.
Yes, by keeping each of these considerations in mind you can make your ad campaign 100X more effective. We can help by providing you with cheap custom vinyl lettering that is completely customizable. What kind of font, colors and orientation do you desire? Our vinyl lettering custom signs can be used on cars, placards, boats, etc. For more tips see our page on design suggestions.